Monday, June 25, 2007

Outpatient Therapy Part I

2 Rahmat 164 B.E. - Monday, June 25, 2007

This is the 2nd of Rahmat and tomorrow morning my mother begins outpatient therapy. I’m not sure what it will consist of, the therapist who came to the house had her do exercises with her feet and legs while she was laying down, sitting up and standing up. In addition, he had her use the walker to walk from our driveway up the hill to the corner and back again. I suppose the outpatient therapy session will be similar.

The Feast of Rahmat was Saturday night, when we went I took both the walker and the wheel chair. Mom used the walker to go into the Center and she kept it all the way all three portions of the Feast. Sunday she didn’t use the walker much because a place on her leg hurt and we thought that not stress the spot any more than necessary would help it. It did, today the place doesn’t hurt and Mom is using the walker.

This morning, before I took her for her blood test (she has to get at least one blood test a week because of the medications she’s taking), she used the walker and walked from our driveway up to the corner and back again.

When we go for the walk, I put a Gaite Belt around her. She seems to be doing all right. She’s just not making as much progress as she’d like. I suppose tomorrow I’ll put the wheel chair in the trunk and the walker in the back seat when we go to the therapy session. I’m getting fairly good at putting the wheel chair in and taking it out of the trunk. It gets easier all the time and the chair doesn’t seem as heavy as it did when I first started.

No comments: