Wednesday, May 02, 2018

The Power Within

Fear makes a tight knot in my belly
Helpless I cower within my self-made prison
Unable to overcome my own weaknesses

I'm not alone
I'm created in God's image
the power to overcome is within

Each of God's Manifestations
Have given the same advice
In different words
Each has come to help humanity evolve

To help us step beyond our prisons of self
To overcome our own weaknesses
To find the Power of God
That lies within the human soul

Within each human being
God has placed His image

Within each of us
The Almighty ha place
The power to overcome our own fears

The voices of God's Chosen Ones
Echo down the corridors of history
Repeating each in his own language

Look within
Know yourself
Look not at your own weaknesses
Place your complete trust in God
You can overcome

I feel the knot loosening
Hear the prison doors opening
See the chains falling

 This poem is also posted in my writing.com port in the journal Writing in Snow.


No comments: