Monday, January 29, 2018

Is my blog in a rut?

Yes, because all I'm doing is writing poetry without stating the forms or experimenting with new poetry forms. There are hundreds of forms that I could be using, but the only forms I have worked with, in this blog, are free verse and free style. I define those as different forms. 

Free verse contains no end rhyme, while free style contains end rhyme. Sometime free verse contains internal rhyme, but this is an accident. The rhyme in free style is not random, all though sometimes it appears that way. 

I need to get out of my rut, therefore, I have to take a different approach to my blog entries. My goal for this blog, is to post at least three times a week. I think the best way to do this, while getting out of my rut is to compose the entry a day or two before so that I can research a poetry form. I, also, need to write about other, poetry related subjects. 

No comments: