Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Blessings

9 Baha 163 B.E. March 28-29, 2006

According to, "Christin" tcsnyder@agtelco.com, Daily Power Word (March 29, 2006) to attract blessing in our lives we need to focus on the blessings we already have; this is something I have always known. The problem is when there are so many negatives in a person’s life, focusing on the blessing on the positives are difficult. I am not saying it is impossible to focus on the positives it is just difficult. Especially when, no matter what you do, life seems to kick you in the teeth, when something happens to bring you back down.

Quote from Christin: “Those who stay focused on their blessings make room for more
of them to flow in.” So the question arises, with so many negatives how does one focus on the positives. One way, which is the word power exercise for today, is to write down 20 blessings you already have, and then add to them as you go along. Once you have written the 20 blessings down; focus on them. I suspect a good exercise here is to write the blessing you receive down as they flow into your life.

Therefore, what are 20 blessing I have in my life today?

  1. As a Baha’i I have Baha’u’llah and the prayers he revealed. These prayers cover every contingency in life and focus on the blessings of life.
  2. The knowledge that God loves humanity and created humanity to carry forward an ever-advancing civilization and that I have something to contribute to this process.
  3. My purpose in life is to know and love God.
  4. I am guaranteed, by Baha’u’llah, that all the religions of humanity were revealed to assist the human race in its advancement toward perfection.
  5. The daily e-mail message that I receive with a quote from the Baha’i writings, each morning when I retrieve my mail I can read something from Baha’u’llah, The Bab or ‘Abdu’l-Baha ant this starts my day off on the right foot (so to speak).
  6. The daily e-mail I receive from Belief.net that gives a scripture reading from the other religions. These readings remind me that while there are many religions there is only one God.
  7. God’s Most Great Name chanted 95 times everyday.
  8. The short Obligatory prayer revealed by Baha’u’llah, it reminds me that true wealth is spiritual and I was created to know and worship God.
  9. The Long Healing Prayer revealed by Baha’u’llah, it reminds me that true healing comes from God alone.
  10. The Midnight Prayer written by ‘Abdu’l-Baha, which is a great comfort on sleepless nights and focuses my attention on God rather then the night noises I hear around me.
  11. The Remover of Difficulties revealed by The Bab, this is always a great comfort and focuses my attention on putting my problems in God’s hands rather than attempting to deal with them myself.
  12. The Microsoft Word program I am using to write this list. This program catches my misspelled words. In some cases, it corrects the word automatically while in other cases, it gives me a choice of words.
  13. The prompts delivered to my e-mail box everyday; one of those prompts instigated this article on my blessings.
  14. My creativity which allows me to write poetry, celebrating The Bab, Baha’u’llah and the other prophet-manifestations of God, essays and short stories; these I can post to my blogs or submit to magazines for publication.
  15. My friends, of all religious and cultural backgrounds, who care what happens to me; some of these friends are online friends and some are not online.
  16. My family, my mother is still alive; I have two brothers and one sister, and several nieces and nephews.
  17. The test and difficulties that confronted me on a regular basis, because without those tests and difficulties I would not be counting my blessings; tests and difficulties give us a chance and a choice to look at what really matters.
  18. The online journal and writing groups I belong to, because without them I would sometimes be confronted with writers’ block and unable to write anything.
  19. The Masters class on educational research I am taking right now. This class gives me a chance to develop my research skills.
  20. My guardian angel, in this case I am referring to my grandfather Newland who rescued me from a refrigerator when I was a child.

No comments: