Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Writing Prompts

3 Kamal 162 B.E. July 2 - 3, 2005 A.D.

Have you ever considered how much fun it is to write from a writing prompt. I have. I am subscribed to several writing prompt groups that send a writing prompt either every day, every week or every month. True I have not used them in some time, but I have saved some of them that I found intriguing. I have decided to use some of those prompts in this journal. Some of the prompts are easy to find a personal approach, while other prove difficult. However, I (and this is just a personal opinion) think a writer can find a personal approach to any subject. Since I am finding it difficult to find something to write about, I am going to be using some of those prompts in the next few days and/or weeks. I will put the group that the prompt came from and how to find it in the introduction to the essay or article.

1 comment:

The Writers Blog -- Joanne Nakaya said...

I like using writing prompts too. And I agree, a writer should be able to take any writing prompt and do something with it, something personal. I, too, have a couple of Yahoo groups that I subscribe to that use prompts and they really get me going, at times.

Here's a prompt for you, and me, Neva; and anyone else who is interested.

Laying on my back I could see the patterns the clouds made in the sky.