Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Up Date Concerning My Mother and Other Stuff

7 Baha 164 B.E. – Tuesday, March 27, 2007

My mother is still in the hospital, over two weeks now. She is getting better, she is now off liquids and onto soft solid foods. This morning she had pudding for breakfast and for lunch sliced turkey or chicken, potatoes and gravy, greens (I think spinach) and applesauce. I’ve been saying the Long Healing Prayer for her at least once a day, usually twice a day. I’m going to the hospital twice a day to see her.

I’m doing the house work a bit or room at a time. My hours online Monday through Friday are before 10:00 am and after 6:00 pm. I think I’m finally getting the hang of scheduling my time. However, I’m not sure about that at the moment. I just finished sweeping off the patio, but I’m going to have to mop it. Since it’s cloudy out, the wind is blowing and it looks like rain I’m not going to mop the patio today. I’ll probably wait for a sunny day. If I mop it today, it won’t get dry quickly and neither I nor the cats like a damp back porch.

When I went to see Mom this morning, she looked good. She wants to come home. Mom isn’t used to laying in bed, she’d rather be up working. I’m not sure when she will be coming home. On March 19, her birthday, the doctors did a bawl resection and she’s been in intensive care ever since. Eventually the hospital will move her to another floor in UMC and when she’s ready to be released then she’ll go to a rehab center. It sounds like a long time, but I’m going to be pushed to get the house fixed up the way it should be before she gets home. I still have spring cleaning stuff to do, I get some done each day, but other things, like dishes and laundry, are repeats. Oh, well it’ll get done I just have to keep working.

This is a test, I’ll be glad when I’ve passed this one so I can get on to the next test. One thing about all that’s happened in the past two or almost three weeks is lack of boredom. It’s anything but boring, even the house work isn’t boring. I’m still writing, in fact I’ve got to finish a poem or find one I’ve written and post it to a contest tonight sometime.

I went to see Mom again today. For supper she had chicken, mixed vegetables (squish and carrots), noodles, pudding with fruit (peaches) and lemon aid. The chicken has gravy on it. Mom is eating pretty well now. Not quite back to the way she used to eat, but she’s getting there.

No comments: