Sunday, February 05, 2017

Happy National Weatherperson's Day

Jamál (Beauty), 19 Sulṭán (Sovereignty), 173 BE - Sunday, February 5, 2017 AD about 10:07 AM Pacific Standard Time 

Yes, I know it's Super Bowl Sunday, but since I don't follow football or most other team sports I'm not posting about a ball game. The only teams I'm interested in are those that go to the Olympic Games. This means that I will consider watching gymnastics and ice skating or dancing.  

National Weatherperson's Day, which is also known as National Weatherman's Day, occurs on February 5. On this day (source Holiday Insights) in 1744 the John Jeffries, who was one of America's first weathermen, was born. Mr. Jeffries kept records of the weather from 1777-1816. So, while all of you are watching the Super Bowl, send a message thanking your favorite weatherperson, because without that individual you wouldn't know what the weather forecast was for Super Bowl Sunday. 

No comments: